Upon release earlier this year Allen Vanguard received an immediate first order for a limited quantity from a national security agency in North America.
"We believe this is a leap ahead in ECM technology and we are excited at the immediate take-up by a respected agency following extensive competitive evaluation," David E. Luxton, Allen Vanguard President and CEO, said.
Allen Vanguard did not disclose details of the customer or contract, but provided the following details about its technology:
• The new platform is a hybrid multi-function system with next-generation radio frequency sensing and unmatched jamming (ESM/ECM) protection against radio controlled improvised explosive devices (RCIEDs), while operating seamlessly with communications systems of all types.
• Its multi-role capability is fully networkable, with open software-definable architecture, and approaches the standards set by several large military development programs years in advance of their projected in-service dates.
• The system also provides C4I compatibility, which enables it to co-exist with users' communications, command and control systems.
• The system's modular and adaptive open architecture provides a future-proof capability that program managers seek and increasingly expect.
• The system's user-definable software and scalable hardware configuration enable users to meet both current and emerging, unknown threats.
"This has the potential to reshape the landscape of ECM technology for the mission critical needs of the modern warfighter and security forces worldwide," Mr Luxton said.
Directory of Defence Suppliers
The Essential Guide for Defence Procurement Sourcing
To subscribe to the publication, email email@example.com
To view this publication as a digital publication, click here
"A further update on Global Hawk from Germany. Apparently Global Hawk doesn't have any automated traffic avoid..."
Johnno on Australia considers Triton UA...
"An interesting development that could work well for Australia considering the possible joint venture between t..."
Steve on Lockheed Martin and MBDA look ...
"?? Of course its an issue, however completely different set of circumstances to Europe where their entire air..."
Realist on Australia considers Triton U...